Translate

Friday, March 22, 2019

Time Passages Card


Welcome! I wish you the happiest of  hellos!! I hope you're well and enjoying a lovely spring season. Has your garden started to bloom yet? My Camellias are just finishing up, and I have roses and azaleas blooming now. Spring is the most fragrant time of the year in Charleston. The air smells so sweet and the breeze is so mild. I feel blessed to wake up to each new day. 

I'm also excited because I have the honor of presenting on the Maja Design Blog today, so I have something new to share with you! 

I love anything and everything 'time' themed. It can be art, a time travel series or movie, or a vintage clock or pocket watch. I adore it all. With this in mind I felt inspired by Maja Design's gorgeous Vintage Autumn Basics collection to create this new card. 


There is quite a bit of fussy cutting involved with this card, from the clock to the vintage lady, the pink flowers, and the sentiment. All of this fussy cutting has made me realize I  I need better lighting in my craft room or stronger glasses. :-))  


The roses are handmade. I have a tutorial for these roses here on my blog. 


Here are a few detail photos. Each embellishment is popped up with foam tape to create multiple layers. I tucked in a twine bow and some cheesecloth to finish things off. 


I have the best time playing with my Maja Design papers! I hope you do, too!! 



If you're wondering how you can have some of Maja Design's beautiful papers delivered to your doorstep you will be magically transported to our STORE FINDER by clicking on this link. If you're wondering how you can win a free collection of Maja Design papers just follow this link to your March Mood Board Challenge. Thank you so much for visiting me on the blog today! It's an honor and a pleasure to be here with you. I send wishes that you may be surrounded by all things in life that bring you peace and joy. Thank you for being my crafty family. I treasure your friendship!  

Hugs, 

Maja Design Papers Used:

Other Products Used: Natural Twine, Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Dies, Flower Shaping Kit, Flourish Die, Magnolia Rose Leaf Die, Tim Holtz Distress Tool, Cheesecloth, Sewing Machine, Thread. 

Did you know Maja Design is on Social Media?

Pinterest: Did you know that Maja Design has a Pinterest Page? You can find it right here.
Facebook: You can follow us on Facebook right here and of course "LIKE" us.
Instagram: Maja also has an Instagram account – majadesigninsweden.
(Use the hashtag #majadesigninsweden or the tag @majadesigninsweden
with your Maja papers so we can find you.)

5 comments:

  1. Ah Nancy, the dimension you have designed into this card is second to none, the elements pop from the cover, just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fussy cutting and tucking in behind the blooms of the vintage lady, along with the touch of muslin is an excellent combination, this is a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creations make me love Maja papers even more. I didn't think that was possible!! Gorgeous card and the clors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sure I did a comment on this wonderful card Nancy, it seems to have not been uploaded, and of course your vintage lady sits among the blooms on this timeless arty piece.
    I have been away Nancy searching the ancestors in the UK, hence some tardy commenting. It was very special to meet a genetic relative to my adopted father, it was so hard to leave..... I hope your summer is kicking in and you have time in the garden.

    ReplyDelete