Translate

Monday, May 6, 2019

Treasures of the Heart




Welcome, dear friends! I'm so excited to be here with you. I hope you're doing well today. Have you had plenty of creative time? My husband recently had an injury requiring surgery (he's recovering well now), and everything to do with that kept me out of my craft room for a couple of weeks. Needless to say I am thrilled to be back to crafting this week, and just in time for my post on the Maja Design Blog

I have a brand new card to share today! I'm using Vintage Autumn Basics collection again because it's one of my absolute favorites. It's full of rich colors and romantic vintage images, but can be used during any season of the year.


There are many layers to this card which I am trying to capture in the photos, though it doesn't always show up as well as I'd  like. The base layers are hand distressed, layered, and stitched together. The chipboard frame is painted with my own recipe of acrylics to blend in with the paper tones, then lightly inked over in timber brown to give it some 'age'.


The roses are handcrafted using the paper collection, as are the leaves and flourish swirl.  Even the sentiment is part of the paper collection! The clock is stamped onto a sheet from the collection cut out.



A light stippling of gesso adds a more vintage appearance.





Thank you so much for joining me on the blog today. It's been and honor and a pleasure to spend this time with you. I wish you a week filled with beauty, joy, and many crafty endeavors!

Hugs, 

Maja Design Papers Used:

Other Products Used: Natural Twine, Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Dies, Flower Shaping Kit, Flourish Die, Magnolia Rose Leaf Die, Flourish Die, Tim Holtz Distress Tool, Chipboard Frame, Resin Frame, Paper Stamps from my stash, Stampin Up Clock Stamp, Staz-0n Ink in Timber Brown, Acrylic Paints, Gesso, Sewing Machine, Thread. 

Did you know Maja Design is on Social Media?

Pinterest: Did you know that Maja Design has a Pinterest Page? You can find it right here.
Facebook: You can follow us on Facebook right here and of course "LIKE" us.
Instagram: Maja also has an Instagram account – majadesigninsweden.
(Use the hashtag #majadesigninsweden or the tag @majadesigninsweden
with your Maja papers so we can find you.)


6 comments:

  1. Oh Nancy! This is so beautiful! The papers are stunning but with that addition of the gesso they are enhanced! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Chris! How are you doing? I hope all is well with you. Sending wishes for a blessed day!

      Delete
  2. I love the circles in this design, they bring all the elements together and of course your use of the papers is beautiful and that tattered look, well Nancy you have perfected it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you so much, Helly! How is everything with you? I send wishes for a wonderful day!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just going to sit here for a while and drool over your beautiful creations! Gorgeous card!! Your stippling of gesso is simply incredible!!

    ReplyDelete