Translate

Monday, December 5, 2016

Maja Design December Mood Board Challenge!


A happy hello to all of my favorite crafty people! I hope you're having a fun and festive holiday season. I am so thankful to be here with you. I am counting my blessings each and every day. 

I have new card to share with you in honor of the December Mood Board Challenge beginning today at the Maja Design Blog! This is something you'll definitely want to fit in to your holiday schedule, as the winner receives an entire collection of beautiful Maja Design Papers--any collection you choose!! I"ve posted the mood board and challenge guidelines below, but be sure to click on the link to the Maja Design Blog to check out the amazing inspiration of my teammates!   
 This is how we use the mood boards:  
Definition mood board – n
[a board used by designers on which samples of various colours and textures are mounted to help in deciding which elements complement each other]
We are using mood boards for our challenges. We truly believe in creativity and art at Maja Design. You are free to interpret the mood boards in any way you’d like. They are supposed to set you in an inspirational mood without too much controlling. We would like you to be inspired by the poems, words and photos. They are not given rules, they are just there as inspiration. Feel free to use any Maja papers you’d like as long as they follow the color scheme.
We will pick a winner and present it on the Maja Design blog on December 26th.
Have in mind that these challenges are a really great way for us to discover new talents and maybe some future Creative Team members…

How to participate?
♥ Create anything you’ll like – a layout, a card, something altered or maybe a canvas, take a nice picture of it and send it to moodboard@majadesign.nu. We also need to know your full name, address and a phone number. Please specify what collection you would like to win, if you are the lucky one. We will also want to know if you would like it in the size 12*12 or 6*6. Please send us the pictures in the size of 800 pixels on the width. We would be so grateful if you also could change the file name of the photo to your first and last name including your country.
♥ Feel free to send us more than one picture, from different angles or some close-ups – or why not more than one project?
♥ Publish the project/s on your blog (or/and any social media, e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest) with a link to our site. Please also add the picture of the mood board.
♥ Feel free to combine your entry with other challenges.
♥ The winner will be revealed the last Monday each month, at the Maja blog. The winner will be sent one collection by their choice, and also a digital Winner’s Badge to use and brag with. 

I've included a couple of extra photos below. I'm sorry I don't have as many as usual. I've been traveling, splitting up my time between our home in Charleston and the one in Gatlinburg, trying to get repairs started our mountain home that was damaged in the wildfires. We were some of the lucky ones. The death toll continues to mount as search and rescue efforts continue. Hundreds of people lost homes and businesses. The devastation there is heartbreaking. I feel guilty going about my normal life and dealing with the fairly minor repairs of smoke, soot, and roof damage when so many others are grieving tragic losses. It's hard to wrap my brain around the fact that we left Gatlinburg last Monday morning with no sign of the wildfire in the National Park spreading towards populated areas. The air was smoky, but it had been for several days. Just a few hours after our departure the cities of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge were in flames. I'm sorry. I don't mean to be depressing, but this event has had a profound effect on me. The wonderful people of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are ever on my mind and in my prayers.   
A 2
A 1
I'm so grateful you took time out of your busy day to stop by. I hope you'll participate in this months Mood Board Challenge. I send my heartfelt thanks and wishes for all the joys of this wonderous season! 

Hugs, 

Maja Design Papers Used: 

Vintage-Frost-BasicsKL

Vintage-Autumn-Basics

Its-Christmas-time-P

Did you know Maja Design is on Social Media?

Pinterest: Did you know that Maja Design has a Pinterest Page? You can find it right here.
Facebook: You can follow us on Facebook right here and of course "LIKE" us.
Instagram: Maja also has an Instagram account – majadesigninsweden.
(Use the hashtag #majadesigninsweden or the tag @majadesigninsweden
with your Maja papers so we can find you.)

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Nancy! Love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card with such a lot of wonderful layers

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My! This is a wonderful colour palette and your card is truly beautiful! Your flowers as ever are fabulous! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Nancy, your flowers are stunning as always. So sorry to read about wildfires, what a heartbreak! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these shabby colors! Your handmade flowers are spectacular! And all those luscious layers make my heart go putty pat!

    ReplyDelete