Translate

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Welcome, Spring!


Hello, wonderful friends! I'm here with a happy heart, feeling so very grateful to be with you today. I hope you're week is going well. I was attacked on my own front porch by my neighbor's Pit Bull yesterday. It was very frightening and has shaken me up, but I'm going to be fine. The police gave the animal back to the owner with a warning to repair their fence. I'm trying very hard not to have negative feelings towards the animal, but in all honesty I am absolutely terrified of it. In any case, I am just thankful to be able to be here in my cozy, safe craft room with my favorite crafty people!  

We're beginning a brand new two week challenge at The Frilly and Funkie Blog. Can you guess who is hosting this time? Me!! I can never keep a secret for very long. Our theme this time around is 'Welcome, Spring!' It's fresh, soft breezes and fragrant blossoms have finally arrived. Create any vintage or shabby chic project that welcomes the advent of this glorious season. Think budding trees, birds and nests, butterflies, and beautiful blooms! 

At the end of the challenge the team will choose their top four picks. Our first place winner will be invited to join us in a Guest DT spot at The Frilly and Funkie Blog. Three additional talented participants will receive badges to display on their blogs. Everyone who enters and adheres to the challenge guidelines will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique! For entry specifics and inspiration from my fabulous teammates just click on the blog link above. 

My card combines Prima and Wendy Vecchi products. The lovely sentiment stamp below is from Wendy's new line. It was perfect for this challenge. It truly speaks to me because during this time of year the air in Charleston is thick with the scent of blooming flowers. Breathing in the beauty of it is such a joyful feeling. Everything else from top to bottom of this card is Prima goodness!  


There are flowers, birds, and butterflies aplenty.  




Thank you so much for spending your valuable time with me. I hope you'll head to your craft space and begin work on your own glorious creations! Before you leave I want you to know how much I appreciate you, your kind comments, and the blessing of sharing this wonderful love of crafting with such kind, talented people. 

Hugs,


18 comments:

  1. Wonderful layers, colours and design Nancy, love this xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love visiting your place...this week is so full of eye candy. Inky hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy,
    Once again you have treated us by kindly sharing yet another one of your beautiful creations. This card is adorable with all the lovely layers, pretty colours and delicate details and to top it all such a precious message. I imagine you had a lovely time creating it.
    Thank you for always sharing such lovely projects and treats with us.
    Hugs from across the pond,
    Susanne
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your incident yesterday. Glad you are safe and back in the craft room. Your card is beautiful and the sentiment perfect with the lovely layered images. The colors speak of the lovely spring flowers that have yet to start here. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better today after your nasty attack Nancy. Your card brings Spring so much closer now and you're right, that Wendy sentiment is just perfect for this season. It's absolutely beautiful as ever. Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgous, Nancy! It's like you clipped a corner from Monet's garden and reproduced it on paper. I love the colors, the texture and that amazing sentiment, too!

    As to your adventure with the pit bull...how terrifying! I've had a similar experience and it really does make you afraid to go out your front door. I'm glad you are ok, and pray this never happens again! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Love everything about it. Always so very inspiring!

    So sorry about the nasty attack. It's ashamed how some people aren't responsible, not only for the fence needing repair, but the training of the dog which happens to be a wonderful family oriented breed if allowed to be. So very very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awful Nancy for you with this horrible experience, sending you healing hugs.
    Your card is stunning as always and what a great challenge for this time of the year.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good lord! What an awful experience and fright. Glad you are ok...I cant understand people wanting to have such potentially harmful 'pets', but then some people aren't cut out to be responsible 'owners'. Anyway, your beautiful card is a delight Nancy and Im glad it has brought you good cheer. Take special care of yourself, Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty card, Nancy! Love the butterfly. It certainly must have been frightening to be attached by a dog. I remember squeezing myself inside a screen door and front door at my neighhor's house to get away from their German Shepherd.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, what a delightful card to celebrate spring and all the flowers that perfume your air in Charleson! I can almost smell the tulip trees and daffodils when I see this! I love your layered butterfly and that bird cage! So fresh and full of promise for those that don't quite have the spring weather we are blessed with here in the south.

    I'm so sorry that your neighbor's dog attacked you, and right on your own front porch! Wow! I hope you didn't get bit! It must be the time of the year, because we have had similar pet incidents here in our neighborhood, and it's created quite a stir among the otherwise friendly neighbors. My next door neighbor's little 9 lb. poodle was attacked by a larger mixed breed about 2 weeks ago. He had to have one leg amputated and another was dislocated. He is full of stitches from head to tail. He was on a leash and my neighbor was in her nephews front yard. I was attacked by a cat while I walking the next day. It jumped on my leg and bit my hand. Apparently it belonged to the people who's house I was in front of. I'm fine, but I was pretty shaken up. I think it must be spring fever for our furry friends! Sending caring hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty card and the sentiment is perfect with the fussy cut flower panel. I wish we could be smelling spring flowers but with the temperatures nosediving last night to zero, that isn't happening any time soon.

    I am glad you weren't hurt by the dog but I definitely understand how you feel. I have been bitten twice by dogs. The first time I was 5 and it was my fault but at the time I didn't know I was doing something wrong and the second time was about 4 years ago and it was unprovoked. The neighbour's little dog attacked as I was walking past their house and it took 6 weeks to heal the wound and almost caused me to miss a booked trip to England. Fortunately the dog's shots were up to date so I only needed antibiotics. The owners were required to confine the dog for 10 days and didn't follow the health department's edict. I found out later that I was the 4th person he had bitten and had I known at the time, I would have called the police. Two dog bites have made me rather skittish and I would rather they leave me alone, which they usually do when they discover that I am not going to be their new best friend.

    Hang in there. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a stunning confection of a card, Nancy - the dimension and movement is simply amazing. Beautiful!

    So sorry to hear your awful story - a truly frightening thing, and I'm really surprised they got away with just a warning.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That delicate butterfly nestling among the glorious colours of the papers does it for me. As your world comes into colour, mine is beginning to fade. Well maybe, it is still very hot down under, autumn is not far away though. Love this piece of brightness and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful Nancy, love the tattered edges and the stitching topped with those lovely florals, birds and butterflies, a real vision of Spring! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Nancy! How awful ……about the dog I mean ! Your card is as ever fantastic! Take care! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your beautiful card and specialy sentiment is so welcoming for Springtime and perfect for the theme you chose!! Especially loved the 3D butterfly with the bright flowers, and adorable birds!!
    On another note, I am so sorry you had such a horrible experience with this dog attack and that the animal is still there and may do it again!! Sending "hugs" and prayers for your safety!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great Card. Love all the Details and embellishments you have used.
    Your card would fits with our challenge #3 (spring) at Do-Al(l) Kreatives! I like to invite you to play with us.

    Hugs
    Alex
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete