Translate

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Man of Numbers



Hello, lovely friends! I hope you're having a beautiful week. All is well here. I'm quite busy in my craft room, which means I'm having the time of my life! 

We're launching a fabulous new challenge at The Frilly and Funkie Blog! The talented Jenny is our hostess with the theme of 'Count Me In'. Her guidelines are as follows: For this challenge you need to use your choice of numbers to add that special 'sum-thing' to your vintage or shabby chic project. Make them count as part of the design, not just a last minute addition!  


At the end of the challenge the team will choose their top four picks. Our first place winner will be invited to join us in a Guest DT spot at The Frilly and Funkie Blog. Three additional talented participants will receive badges to display on their blogs. Everyone who enters and adheres to the challenge guidelines will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique! For entry specifics and inspiration from my fabulous teammates just click on the blog link above. 


I happen to have my own very special 'man of numbers'. My son, Patrick, has loved numbers for as long as I can remember (primes are his favorite!). He's graduating this May (summa cum laude) with degrees in both Mathematics and Computer Engineering. In the fall he's off to begin a phd program in a very specialized area of number theory that I have absolutely no understanding of, but needless to say I am beyond proud of him. Today's card is for Patrick. You won't find a bow or flower anywhere on this card, but there are numbers everywhere you look.   


2017 is die cut from a Tim Holtz set and prominently featured as his graduation year. Of course, it wouldn't be a 'Patrick card' if it didn't have pi on it. I stamped each number separately using a Tim Holtz collage stamp. The point mark is simply the end of my pen dipped in ink. 

I also used a Wendy Vecchi stamp in each corner to give the card a more masculine look. 


The embellishments are from Tim Holtz Ephemera packs. The 'traveler' embellishments and clock hands are an inside joke between me and Patrick. He also studies theoretical physics, and I continually ask him to invent a time machine so we can get a close up view of history. 



Thank you so much for being here with me today! I hope you're heading to your craft room to create your own 'number' themed challenge project. I send wishes for all things good and wonderful!

Hugs,

7 comments:

  1. Oh Nancy this is amazing! I love how you've layered up these bold elements and colours with all those fabulous and significant numbers for your very own special Man of Numbers. HUGE congratulations to Patrick on his incredible achievements - I'm sure he'll be thrilled to bits with this xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, this just might be my favorite card of all time from you. It's so personal, so filled with love and represents the beautiful relationship between you and your son perfectly! I know you are a proud mom, and he in turn is a very blessed Man of Numbers! Huge congrats to him and to you! You rocked the roof off this challenge, my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! What a wonderful card for your son and the the numbers and layers all celebrating his love of math! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and so special because of the meaning it has for you and your son. It is fantastic that you have celebrated his love of numbers and his wonderful accomplishments with this lovely bright card.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nancy! You are quite rightly proud and this card looks like the perfect card for your son! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Nancy, your son and I share a love for numbers and he'll certainly love this. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy, you really stepped up to the plate for this challenge theme (so fun!) and made this personalized card! It really touches my heart that you should create something so special for your son, Patrick! I love hearing about all the special meanings behind everything you've used and they are all so cleverly arranged! Truly a fabulous card, and wow! No flowers or bows! Amazing!

    You must be sooo proud of your son, and rightly so! So happy we have young people like him in this world! Sending you lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete