Translate

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Easter Bunny Blessings!


Hello, beautiful friends! How are you doing today? I hope all is well in your corner of the world. I'm looking out at a lovely sunny day with signs of spring all around. I know Louis Armstrong said this first, but it's a wonderful world! 

It's time for a super fun, new challenge at The Frilly and Funkie Blog! The completely amazing Kathy is our hostess with the theme of You've Got to Know When to Fold 'Em. Her guidelines are as follows: this challenge is all about using folded paper in a way that goes beyond just folding it in half. Create a vintage or shabby chic project that uses folded paper in a way that elevates the design. You can make a fancy fold card, or add folded embellishments to a card or layout.

At the end of the challenge the team will choose their top four picks. Our first place winner will be invited to join us in a Guest DT spot at The Frilly and Funkie Blog. Three additional talented participants will receive badges to display on their blogs. Everyone who enters and adheres to the challenge guidelines will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique! For entry specifics and inspiration from my fabulous teammates just click on the blog link above. 

I'm having a great deal of fun with this theme. I'm still assembling my Easter cards, so I'm using one of my handmade eggs and wildflowers as an accent. The link for the Easter egg tutorial can be found here and the wildflower tutorial can be found here if you'd like to give them a try. 


The little pocket above is folded from chipboard and covered in design paper. Wendy Vecchi's mat minis add some flowery cheer. The pocket is perfectly sized to hold a bit of chocolate from the Easter bunny. No need to raid the children's Easter baskets once they're off to bed--or am I the only one guilty of doing that? I can also see these as place cards for the dinner table, just switch up the sentiment stamp with the names of your guests. These eggs are really versatile!

My family tradition is to have a place card and some type of favor with a sweet treat for each person present at a special meal. I feel it's a lovely formality that's quickly becoming a thing of the past, and I intend to do something about it.       


The ruffle trim in the above photo is border punched and hand folded using design paper. It's a fun and simple embellishment to add a feminine touch to any design. 

Below is a close up of an egg with a wildflower.  



Thank you so much for sharing your time with me! Now it's time for you to start folding, and by that I'm referring to paper, NOT laundry (we all do enough of that). May your day be filled with joy and your heart with happiness!  

Hugs,

  

9 comments:

  1. Nancy that's brilliant! I love the folded pocket for chocolate and the way you've featured Wendy Vecchi's Mat Mini flowers with the Maja Design papers - don't they work so well together! Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many things to admire and inspire on this very beautiful card

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this Nancy !! What a fabulous card with so many wonderful ideas. Fabulous! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, I love this sooooo much! The folded ruffle adds such an elegant, feminine touch, and you know I love the chocolate pocket. These would be stunning as place cards at Easter dinner, and wonderful keepsakes, too. Just a genius design. You showed us that you "know when to fold 'em!" Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and very feminine with the folded ruffle and all the pretty flowers. Wendy's mat mini flowers blend so well and give a little pop against all the purples.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, Nancy! What a clever idea with the chocolate surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I think of folds in cards I never think of pretty and feminine and you achieved both! What a beautiful card with clever and lovely folds incorporated in the design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, I am in love with this design! When I first saw your card at Frilly and Funkie, I thought, oh my, what lovely ruffled trim...I just tried that for the first time, and I have to say, it was a disaster! Your ruffles are so soft and elegant, as is the rest of this beautiful make! How charming is that little folded pocket to hold my favorite chocolate treat! Gorgeous papers and flowers! I'm off to have a look at those tutorials! Sending hugs!

    PS I love your family tradition! What a way to make a memory for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, you are not the only one to raid Easter baskets - lol. What a gorgeous card, the papers are so beautiful and I just love your design. The design would definitely make a great place card, such a shame that it is a dying tradition! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete