Translate

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

'Love is in the Air' for Maja Design!


Hello and welcome! I hope you're having a lovely day. Do you have plans for Mother's Day this weekend? I will be blessed to spend the weekend with my husband, children, and grandchildren. I can hardly wait! 

Today I'm sharing my 'Love is in the Air' card for Maja Design! It features Maja Design's recently released paper collection, Vintage Romance! I discovered that Vintage Romance partners perfectly with Vintage Autumn Basics and Vintage Summer Basics, so I couldn't resist using all three collections in my card.

Three layers of design paper are distressed, layered, and stitched in the usual fashion to form the base of the card. Now the real fun begins! Die cutting and fussy cutting are combined to create embellishments for this romantic garden. All of the elements are popped up with foam tape for a dimensional effect. The photos below give a peek into the layering.

A 3 PS

A 8 PS

A 10 PS

The roses are handmade using design paper. You can find a tutorial for these roses on the sidebar of my blog. A scattering of glass pearls and a twine bow are fanciful touches in this enchanting garden.

A 14 PS

Layered die cut frames provide a dreamy backdrop for the focal image which is fussy cut from design paper.  

A 7 PS

Thank you so much for stopping in to take a peek at my card! Sending wishes for a lovely Mother's Day to all you beautiful moms!! 

Hugs,


Maja Design Paper Used: 
Vintage-Romance-L
Vintage-Autumn-Basics
Vintage-Summer-BasicsK


4 comments:

  1. Your card is so lovely and Romantic Nancy, i really like the colors and Layers.
    Happy Mothers Day to you.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on the Maja blog but forgot to come over here. I love how you fussy cut and layered the images from the paper. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete