Translate

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Postcards from Paris for Frilly and Funkie!



Hello, my lovely friends! How are you on this wonderful day? We're in the midst of a rainy week. My flowers are loving every minute of it. I enjoy the rain unless I have to drive in it or take project photos. Dreary days do not make for fun photo sessions.     

Today we're announcing a new two week challenge at the Frilly and Funkie Blog! Zoe is our hostess with the theme of 'Oh, the places you'll go'. She asks to create a vintage or shabby chic project with travel as the central theme. Think planes, trains, automobiles, ships, maps, and globes.

At the end of the challenge the team will choose their top four picks. Our first place winner will be invited to join us in a Guest DT spot at the Frilly and Funkie Blog. Three additional talented participants will receive badges to display on their blogs. Everyone who enters and adheres to the challenge guidelines will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique! For entry specifics and  inspiration from my amazing teammates just click on the blog link above.

My dream is to visit the historic cities of Europe. I have a dear friend in France, and I can think of nothing more delightful than to tour Paris with her. This card has my bags packed and ready to travel! 


Each paper element is distressed, layered and stitched, then popped up with foam adhesive. A digital image provides a dreamy focal point. 


The Eiffel Tower and luggage set are stamped on design paper and cut. Distress paints add a shabby touch to the filigree metal elements and Prima Art Stones. 


The flowers are handcrafted from design paper. My tutorial for these flowers can be found here.


Thank you so much for sharing your time with me!! I hope you'll be joining in the challenge and show us where you want to go! It's a super fun theme that you can take in any direction your heart desires. I also want to thank you for your kind comments on my last project. I feel incredibly blessed to have such an amazing crafty family! Sending wishes for light, love, and happiness!

Hugs,


9 comments:

  1. Nancy you've transported me back to my trip to Paris last year with this fabulous card. Love the inclusion of those little stones - I hadn't noticed them until seeing how you've used them! Perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Nancy....this is so completely gorgeous. Your details make me sigh with delight...the gorgeous rows of perfect stitching...oooh la la! And when you said you stamped the Eiffel tower and luggage, I had to go back and read again to make sure my eyes had not deceived me, as I had assumed they were chip elements. Perfection! It's what I imagine walking the streets of Paris on a misty spring day would feel like. You created this wonderful sense of romance and nostalgia...and then the flowers! Be still my heart. Words fail me...it's just too, too gorgeous for words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy what a beautiful elegant card! I love the rich plum colors and the gorgeous flowers. Such a dreamy design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card. Love the pretty colour palette, your layers and the stamping. The art stones make a fun addition to your flower bouquet.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Nancy, this is breathtaking!! Paris is such a romantic place and you have captured that feeling perfectly with your beautiful card! Wonderful image and your flowers are just scrumptious!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness! What a beautiful card with such lovely layers and stunning details! Have a wonderful crafty day! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fabulous card Nancy. I love the background, it has such a Parisian look to the whole card. It makes me want to visit Paris again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful Nancy ! You've converted me to the Prima Art Stones, they're definitely on my list ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete