Translate

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Welcome to My Parlor...


Will you walk into my parlour?" said the Spider to the Fly, 
'Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy; 
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair, 
And I've a many curious things to shew when you are there."
-Mary Howitt

Hello! I hope this day finds you happy and well! It's time for a bit of spooky fun for our new challenge at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog. I have the honor of hosting this time around and I've chosen the theme of A Haunting Halloween.  Simply create any type vintage project, card, or layout with a Halloween theme and get ready for some exciting chills and thrills!

I confess I have a terrible fear of spiders, but I overcame my arachnophobia long enough to create my cobweb covered little parlor. My spider has been busy spinning away but don't let that frighten you off. Step inside, for mystery awaits those hardy souls brave enough to enter! 


I wanted to create something that was elegant yet eerie at the same time. I have a spider die from Tim Holtz and some cobweb dies from Poppy Stamps and Memory Box. The cautionary poem of the Spider and the Fly by Mary Howitt popped into my head and became the inspiration for my card.  


I hope you'll put on your ghostly thinking caps and play along with our challenge. You have two weeks in which to enter, so there's plenty of time.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! You are dear to me and your visits and kind words warm my heart. I am thankful to call each of you my friend. 

Hugs,


I've entered my card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Anything goes
The Sisterhood of Crafters: Lots of Layers
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog: At least one flower
Through the Craftroom Door
Inky Chicks: Anything Goes
A Creative Romance: Anything goes
Sugar Creek Hollow: Word Play

17 comments:

  1. Oh yes Nancy, you've well and truly stamped your distinctive style all over this fantastic theme and I love those cobwebs! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most elegant Halloween card I have ever seen Nancy! I didn't even know there would be an occasion to use the words Halloween and elegant in the same sentence!! This is gorgeous, the colours, the beautiful flowers, the damask background, EVERY BIT!!! I have never made a Halloween card before, but you have truly inspired me to give it a go. big hugs you talented lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Nancy, love all the cobwebs ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is outrageously amazingly PERFECT, Nancy!!! I am just drooling over it. I LOVE vintage Halloween art and this is such a terrific piece with the damask BG paper and all the wonderful webs. The color palette is fabulous and I love that you included flowers! Thanks for a sensational challenge!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card. It amazes me that your signature style can be soft and romantic one time and dark and spooky the next. It is a good thing I am not afraid of spiders - lol.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...stunning Halloween card...love all the details and the awesome design!! Thank you for joining us at "The Sisterhood" for our "Lots of Layers" challenge!!
    Diane TSH DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is tunning Nancy!!! Your card really is elegant yet eerie - such an amazing design and those fabulous webs. It gave me the shivers !!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me again - thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow with this spooky beauty.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what an amazing Halloween card. Thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Nancy this is absolutely AWESOME! Kinda scarey but beautiful! Well done! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘LOTS OF LAYERS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous Halloween card! Very nice combo of the romantic style and the spooky one ;) Love the colors, the layers, the flowers, the webs - all of it!
    Thanks for joining us at Vintage Utfordring.
    Mette - DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is WONDERFUL , I so love the feeling of entering a room filled with cobwebs and dark corners ,- scary but in your version soo beautiful,Nancy ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sisterhood of \crafters challenge blog and I cannot believe your fantastic blog full of stunning cards with lots of layers and beautiful embellishments and textures-I am your latest follower
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great embellishments and detail - gorgeous card.
    Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am super excited about this Halloween challenge you have thought up, but more so, about this card you have created! It is a Halloween masterpiece! The soft layers of paper (Halloween perfect!), the dies for the webs and spider (ewe! you can almost feel them!) the flowers (all so perfectly dead), the spooky fibers, and sentiment---all pay wonderful homage to the poem! Thank you for sharing your talent and for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Spooky is beautiful - that does look sort of odd but it's true! This is fabulous and so many little details to take in I shall have to have a second look! Chris:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is amazing, love all the funky intricate details...

    ReplyDelete