Translate

Monday, November 5, 2018

A Very Merry Christmas!

Hello, and happy Monday! How was your week? Did you have a chance to get in some crafty time? 

It was a lovely weekend in Charleston. I was delighted to attend the 2018 Scottish Games and Highland Gathering at Boone Hall Plantation, and though I didn't find my beloved Jamie Fraser (from Outlander), I did TRY to find him (see photo below-lol)! I also devoured every last bite of a meat pie, which was absolutely delicious, and got in a bit of shopping. I now have several new scarves from clans which my family does not belong to, but I have an addiction to scarves (seriously), and couldn't stop myself from adding to my collection. 



After a long day outdoors, I came home and pulled out all of my Christmas goodies! I started cutting and stitching, and have my very first Christmas card to show for it. I'm posting on the Maja Design Blog today, so this card came in just under the wire. I'm working with the "I Wish" paper collection. I love the warmth and festive cheer of these papers. Just looking at them makes me want to bake up a batch of holiday goodies while singing my favorite carols, then curling up on my sofa to watch a marathon of Hallmark Christmas movies.  


Several layers of papers are stitched together and topped with a die cut oval, then embellished with winter florals and die cut images from the paper collection.    



A dusting of gesso adds a wintery chill, and for the final touch (drum roll please...) a bow!! There's always going to be a bow-lol. 


There is plenty of space for a greeting on the interior of the card. 

Thank you so much for being here with me today! I wish we could sit down to a cup of tea and talk all things crafty. We really should do that, because if there can be Highland Gatherings, there can certainly be crafty gatherings. May your week be filled with love, happiness, and the joy of creativity! 

Sending hugs from my corner of the world to yours, 

Maja Design Papers Used: 

Other Products Used: Twine, Paper Flowers, Holiday Greenery, Jingle Bells, Gesso. 

Did you know Maja Design is on Social Media?

Pinterest: Did you know that Maja Design has a Pinterest Page? You can find it right here.
Facebook: You can follow us on Facebook right here and of course "LIKE" us.
Instagram: Maja also has an Instagram account – majadesigninsweden.
(Use the hashtag #majadesigninsweden or the tag @majadesigninsweden
with your Maja papers so we can find you.)
YouTubehttps://www.youtube.com/user/MajaDesignChannel

7 comments:

  1. Another stunning card Nancy! I love how the dusting of gesso looks so like real snow and it really compliments the colours of the papers and embellishments. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with Jennie on this one Nancy, the dusting of the gesso is the perfect finishing touch to this festive delight! If only it was cooler here, spring has been late however it is hot and humid presently, so this card helps one to imagine cooler more comfortable weather.......
    PS Love the scarves I have a couple of tartan one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Nancy! I am all for a crafty gathering since no one around here seems to do crafts much. I love scarves, too, especially plaids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Nancy...I love all of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your darling Maja card Nancy! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet and gorgeous at the same time.

    ReplyDelete