Translate

Monday, May 14, 2018

You Are So Loved!


Hello, dear friends! I'm so happy you're here on this wonderful Monday. I hope everyone who is a mother had a lovely Mother's Day, at least in the U.S., as I know it's on a different day in other countries. 

I'm excited to be presenting on the Maja Design Blog today with a card I created for my daughter's birthday. I want her to have a card with all of my love put into it. That's really what crafting and art are about for me; putting my heart and soul into a creation that will hopefully brighten someone's day. I've been drawn to pastels recently, which seems to happen this time of year, so for this card I'm using the beautiful Coffee in the Arbor collection.


The two large flowers are crafted from the paper collection, with the addition of smaller purchased flowers to bring out the pretty yellows in the paper. 


The florals sit atop a base of venice lace and are intertwined with a loopy twine bow.  


Each layer of paper is distressed and stitched. The sentiment stamp is perfect for my sweet girl's birthday.  


Below is a peek at the interior of the card. 

Thank you so much for joining me today! I send wishes for all things good and wonderful, as well as many happy hours of creative time.  

Hugs, 

Maja Design Papers Used: 

Other Products Used: Tim Holtz Tattered Florals dies and Distress Tool, Heartfelt Creations Flower Shaping Kit, Stamens, Yellow Paper Flowers, Venice Lace, Sentiment Stamp, Archival Ink, Twine, Sewing Machine, Thread.  

Did you know Maja Design is on Social Media?

Pinterest: Did you know that Maja Design has a Pinterest Page? You can find it right here.
Facebook: You can follow us on Facebook right here and of course "LIKE" us.
Instagram: Maja also has an Instagram account – majadesigninsweden.
(Use the hashtag #majadesigninsweden or the tag @majadesigninsweden
with your Maja papers so we can find you.)
YouTubehttps://www.youtube.com/user/MajaDesignChannel

4 comments:

  1. This card is sunshine through and through and of course your sentiment as usual is bang on. The little pops of yellow are perfectly placed, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much!! Your sweet words made my day. I hope you’re having a lovely day!!

      Delete
  2. Hi, I am a loyal follower of your work. I love the flowers you create....the papers you are using are perfect for the flowers you make....fantastic and original. I do have a question for you and hope you can help me out. I have forever been looking for the punch or die you use for the inside of your cards....to make the slot for the sentiment paper layer. Can you help me to find one of my own. I don't live in the USA so if you can give me the name of the punch/die so I can find this some where...lol. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! I’m away on vacation for the next 2 weeks with my family. When I get home I ‘ll Look at the name of that punch. I picked It is on EBay some years ago, but it may still be available.

      Delete