Translate

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Always and Forever


Hello! How is your summer going? Are you able to relax a bit, do some gardening, sit on the beach, or possibly enjoy a family vacation? 

I have the blessing of spending time with family this summer. My sweet son is home for a couple of months, and my daughter and grandchildren visited (they just left yesterday). We have a vacation quickly approaching, followed by the frenzy of preparations for my son's move-in day as he begins his PhD program at the University of Oklahoma. I can't believe he'll be way far away in Oklahoma. That's an entire three day drive from where we live on the Southeast Coast. How Is it possible that I'm thrilled, bursting with pride, nervous, and heartbroken all at the same time? It's definitely going to be tough on this mom, I can tell you that. I must conquer my terror of flying!   

That brings me to a little news. I'm taking a short break from the design team here at Frilly and Funkie. I don't believe I ever mentioned that my son is on the autistic spectrum. It's not at all secret or sensitive subject, just something that doesn't really come up. Transitions present a challenge for him. I am keeping my schedule very open in case I need to spend time in Oklahoma as he makes the adjustment to the new environment, though I'm happy to say he's doing really well so far, so maybe I'm worried for no reason. Do any of you happen to live in Norman, Oklahoma? I never thought I'd have a reason to visit Oklahoma, let alone spend time there on a regular basis:-)) I'll be returning to Frilly and Funkie when the new term begins in January, and I'll still be hanging around your blogs to be inspired by all of your gorgeous creations! 

We're beginning a new two week challenge at The Frilly and Funkie Blog today! The lovely Cec is our hostess, and her theme is With This Ring. Her guidelines are as follows: It is wedding season so let's create vintage or shabby chic projects that celebrate the big day. Your creation might be a card, a gift, a decor item or something to keep the memories of the special occasion.  


At the end of the challenge the team will choose their top four picks. Our first place winner will be invited to join us in a Guest DT spot at The Frilly and Funkie Blog. Three additional talented participants will receive badges to display on their blogs. Everyone who enters and adheres to the challenge guidelines will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique! For entry specifics and inspiration from my fabulous teammates just click on the blog link above. 

We don't have any weddings in our family this year, but it's always fun to create something so festive. 


Between the beauty of Maja Design's Coffee in the Arbor papers and Little Birdie Flowers, this card seemed to make itself. Prima pearls also make an appearance, along with a twine bow and die cut leaves. 


The 'always and forever' sentiment is created with a Tim Holtz stamp. Stitching and distressed edges add a shabby touch. 
Thank you all so much for joining me! I'm super excited to see your fabulous wedding creations over at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog. I send wishes for all things good and wonderful to come your way. 

Hugs, 


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Nancy! Sounds like a busy summer for you. Best wishes to your son as he begins a new chapter in his life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weddings are such a happy time and this card with its bright colours is perfectly reflective of that. Have a fabulous summer and I am sure your son will do well as he starts the next chapter in his life - he is a very special young man.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous wedding card! The papers are so lovely and the flowers, pearls and twine all work so well together to make this shabblicious card! Even Tim's greeting look so shabby the way you've imprinted it on the paper. Love this!

    We are going to miss your beautiful creations on the blog, and I for one, cannot wait for your return. Best of everything to your son; you are a fabulous Mom to sacrifice your time to help him with this transition. I'm sure he appreciates it! Sending hugs and warm wishes for a safe trip! You will be fine on the plane. If it makes you feel any better, I have the same fear of getting in a car for long trips. The more you do it, the easier it becomes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utterly charming! The flowers, design, layers and that touch of twine is lovely! Beautiful wedding card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful romantic floral card Nancy. As ever with your wonderful layered cards this is so cleverly designed and conceived to bring delight to the recipient xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! This is so soft and romantic. I find I really love the stripey paper that you used here. It gives the whole card a wonderful vintage feel. And you chose the perfect flowers, too. This is a marvel, Nancy! Enjoy your summer....I shall miss you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a way with lovely papers and layouts Nancy, and I hope all goes well with your sons new adventure. I live down under and worked with children and adults with autism during my career, sometimes it is a blessing, other times it is a challenge! The art is sometimes a wonderful escape and your pieces inspire me. I hope you have a wonderful summer and look forward to seeing your coming posts!

    ReplyDelete