Translate

Friday, July 21, 2017

The Curiosity Shop


  

Hello, friends! I'm excited to be sharing a new card on the Maja Design Blog today. It's my very first project created with Maja Design's new paper collection Denim & Friends

If you haven't seen it yet, you're in for a treat. The new papers are absolutely gorgeous! I've also used a touch of Vintage Autumn Basics to give you an idea of how well the papers work together.

Maja Design papers speak to me like no others, and this time they inspired a project based on a wonderful memory. It's no secret that I adore all things vintage. I can trace that love all the way back to my childhood and a special aunt who not only was a crafter, but collected antiques of every sort.  I loved spending time with her and exploring the wonders that filled her home (which just happened to be a very old, restored one room schoolhouse!). Do you have someone like that in your life? My sweet aunt lives on in my memories, and to this day I can't pass an antique shop or flea market without rescuing some type of rusty or tattered treasure.


Each layer is distressed, layered, and stitched to form a base. Light and dark blues are combined in a monochromatic palette. This paper is from the 6x6 pack, so the 12x12 papers will have larger patterns. I think the tiny florals and dots are so sweet!



The vintage buttons are from my own collection of curiosities, which is beginning to rival that of my aunt's.


The center flower is handmade from Maja Design's Vintage Autumn Basics Collection. Purchased paper flowers are also worked into the arrangement along with various ephemera, a resin embellishment,  a tiny clothespin, a loopy twine bow, and bits of vintage lace.


Aren't the new papers beautiful? It's such an honor to share them with you.


Thank you so much for visiting today. I hope you're having a fun-filled and crafty summer!


Hugs,


Maja Design Papers Used:

Other Products Used: Spellbinders Scalloped Ovals Die, Tim Holtz Ideology Ephemera, Prima Resin Treasures, Vintage Buttons, Vintage Lace, Twine, Paper Flowers, Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die, Tim Holtz Distress Tool, Wooden Clothespin, Sewing Machine, Thread.  

Did you know Maja Design is on Social Media?

Pinterest: Did you know that Maja Design has a Pinterest Page? You can find it right here.
Facebook: You can follow us on Facebook right here and of course "LIKE" us.
Instagram: Maja also has an Instagram account – majadesigninsweden.
(Use the hashtag #majadesigninsweden or the tag @majadesigninsweden
with your Maja papers so we can find you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment