Translate

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Something Old Challenge!


Hello, friends! How are you doing today? Are ready for a fun new challenge at the Frilly and Funkie Blog? The lovely Jenny is our hostess for the next two weeks, with the theme of Something Old. Her guidelines are as follows: I'm sure, like me, there will be lots of you who love all things vintage and enjoy nothing more than discovering old and unwanted treasure at thrift shops and junk markets. The challenge this time is to use something old either as the basis of your project or as an addition to your vintage or shabby chic creation. 

At the end of the challenge the team will choose their top four picks. Our first place winner will be invited to join us in a Guest DT spot at The Frilly and Funkie Blog. Three additional talented participants will receive badges to display on their blogs. Everyone who enters and adheres to the challenge guidelines will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique! For entry specifics and inspiration from my fabulous teammates just click on the blog link above. 

This is a theme I truly love! I collect many vintage items, and never pass up an antique mall or estate sale. 


I'm recovering from a hand injury, so I must keep my project quite simple this time. My 'something old' is a vintage pearl and crystal earring, and the button that forms the cap. It is altered using a combination of gesso and paints, lace, pearls, twine, a key, and Little Birdie Flowers.   

Additional pearls are added to the button cap, just because I love them!  



I send wishes for all things good and wonderful to come your way! I'm looking forward to seeing all of your vintage goodies and gorgeous creations! 

Hugs,



12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful collection of ephemera in beautiful vintage blues, your work is unique and stylish Nancy, love it! Hope your hand is healing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is shabbylicious! I also love pearls and buttons. So sorry to hear that you've injured your hand. Please feel better soon! Hugs! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Nancy,
    You have worked you wonders once again to create another delightful project. Your altered bottle looks enchanting, it truly looks as if it belongs to a fairy queen. I love the beautiful mottled colours I got you have achieved and all the pretty embellishments and texture are perfect too.
    Sorry so to hear you have hurt your hand, i do hope that it heals quickly.
    Hope to chat again with you soon,
    Love, hugs and warmest best wishes,
    Su
    XxxX

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful bottle..I like everything about this, the shape, the play with paints and the embellishments!My wishes for a speedy recovery Nancy. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, I truly hope your hand will continue to mend and you will be back to normal in no time. I would never know you are in recovery from the sight of this splendid altered bottle! It is tremendous! I just ordered those flowers. I love love how you used them here with the rusty key! Brilliant! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet and charming! Love the blue vase and the gorgeous pearls and key mixed in with fantastic floral bits. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made this with a bad hand? Wow! This really is beautiful! I love the pearly button but oh my....the bottle, the flowers, the key -a wonderful combination! Wishing you a speedy recovery! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, I hope you are mending quickly and are feeling back to your old self! You have not had a good year for upper extremity injuries! My prayers are with you to STAY SAFE!

    I can't believe you did this while you were suffering, because it is truly an amazing work of art! Beautiful colors and details! Wish I was a butterfly on your wall when you were making this! I think you are morphing into the Funkie girl you were meant to be! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful Nancy!!! I love the patina you've given the bottle, the addition of the old key and vintage earring in amongst the gorgeous flowers and the generous scattering of pearls. Truly something old with style xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful - I love this bottle - you have won my heart!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete