Translate

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Easy Slow Cooker Lentil Soup



Hi! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day! Though I'm still not able to sit at my craft desk, with help I am still enjoying creating in my kitchen. My slow cooker has become my go- to appliance in the past few months. This week we feasted on this hearty lentil soup served with cornbread and a crisp salad. The perfect supper for a chilly fall evening. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as we did! Sending wishes for a lovely autumn day! 


                                    Easy Slow Cooker Lentil Soup

Ingredients:
3 cups lentils, rinsed and picked through
32 oz veggie broth
3 cups water
5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 cups carrots, sliced
1/2 cup celery, sliced
28 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 large russet potato, diced
4-6  cloves garlic, minced
2-3 bay leaves (optional)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
Directions: Place all ingredients in your slow cooker. Cook on low 7-8 hours. Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy,
    This recipe sounds delicious - would it still work cooked traditional saucepan instead of the slow cooker? If so how long do you think it would take?
    Hope your having a super Sunday.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Su
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiello my dear friend!!
      Yes, you could definitely make it on the stove top. It would be much faster. I do it in the crock pot because I'm alone during the day and can't lift the pot on and off the stove. This way I can just slow cook it until Howard gets home:-))
      Sending all my love!
      Nancy

      Delete