Translate

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Butterfly Wishes Tag


Hello and welcome! I hope this day finds you well and blessed in every way possible! I had to face the challenge of putting my youngest son on a plane to Massachusetts this week. He's researching number theory at Williams College for the remainder of his summer break. I had a few short, wonderful weeks of his company between the end of his college year and the trip to Massachusetts. I cherished every moment and have lovely memories, but I really, really miss him!! It felt like a huge piece of my heart went with him as he boarded the plane. It was his first time flying alone and he was extremely apprehensive. I am happy to report that he navigated the plane change in Atlanta without difficulty and arrived safely at his destination. He is well on his way to a summer of pure mathematical joy! Just below is a photo of the amazing young man who has held my heart since the moment I found out he was going to be born.   
       
         
More fun begins today with a new challenge at the Frilly and Funkie Blog! Linda is our host and she has selected the theme of Case it! Just base your card or tag on one of Linda's Twelve Tags of Christmas but with a summer twist. You must include a link to the tag you cased and which elements you used as your inspiration. For additional details regarding entries pay a visit to the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog. The challenges are so much fun. The first place winner will be featured in a guest design spot on the Frilly and Funky Blog, and everyone who enters has the chance of winning a $25 spending spree at the Funkie Junkie Boutique!

I chose to case a tag Linda created in week eight featuring a lovely sateen background. Linda's tag is pictured below and you'll find a link to her original post with  instructions for her technique HERE



I followed Linda's easy instructions for creating the sateen background and it turned out just as I hoped it would. I used my favorite colors of pastel pinks, creams, and greens. I also traded out the Christmas sentiment, snowflakes, and Santa for a summer's bounty of trailing cream roses with just a hint of a pink blush.


For the finishing touch I added a delicate trio of fluttering butterflies along with a framed sentiment to compliment my theme. I also placed a few pearls here and there, as well as a twine ribbon accent and topper.  


I send a huge thanks to you for spending a bit of your precious time here. I treasure each of you and send you wishes for happiness and crafty joy!   

Hugs, 

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this version of Linda's tag! The soft pastel sateen background is a superb backdrop for those super flowers, pearls and butterflies. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear Nancy!
    I am very glad that you visited my blog via Frilly &Funky and that as I revisited yours I found such a wonderful place of art and lovely posts!
    I can understand what you wrote about your son and it put some tears to my eyes..a fab guy seems to be very clever too ... congrats on such a fab youngest son!
    Also this wonderful tag makes my heart sing!
    Lovely, lovely artwork Tracy..
    I will visit more often in the future for sure!

    Greetings from Austria

    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Tag Nancy! you did a great job casing the winter tag and I love your soft pastel colors. Beautiful!!!

    This looks like Terri from Joan's Gardens wrote this, but for the life of me I can't fix it. Looks like I am going to have to create a new blog. to do so.

    Thanks again for all your beautiful work!
    Joan
    www.joanstouch.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. EXQUISITE take on the original tag! LOVE the paper layers and neutrals, and especially the butterfly! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to remind you that your project is posted to Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge today! The tag project. Not this one....but I am commenting here. LOL Thanks loads for being one of our July Guests!

    ReplyDelete