Translate

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

From the Flower Market



A happy hello to my amazing blog friends! It is such an honor to have you visit. I hope this day finds you well and doing everything that brings you joy. I'm super excited because our son will be home for spring break in a few days. We haven't seen him since he went back to college in early January. He stays so busy that he can't come home unless there's a break, so I cherish every moment I have with him.

Another 2 weeks have flown by and it's time for another fun challenge at the Frilly and Funkie Blog! Rebecca is our host, and she challenges us to select a neglected die from our stash and see what we can create with it, thinking outside the box...or in it!! 


This was the perfect challenge for me. I get set in my ways and tend to pick up the same dies over and over, letting others sit on a shelf collecting dust. Well, I blew off that dust and chose 5 dies I purchased months ago but have never used, as well as a couple of stamp sets. I'll include a supply list at the bottom of my post in case you're interested. 

The coming of spring has me longing for the Farmers Market with its bounty of fresh produce and blooms. I went with that theme to create this vintage inspired flower cart, overflowing with roses in all shades of purple and lavender.    


My first challenge was to create the wheelbarrow using a Sizzix Die. I covered it in Tim Holtz Picket Fence crackle paint, then wiped on vintage photo distress stain to give it an aged appearance. I also did a little stamping on the sides using Distress Ink.

Next on the list came the roses, and lots of them. I used a Tim Holtz die and Maja Papers to create these tiny beauties. It was time consuming work, but well worth it in the end. Once I had the flowers arranged to my liking I filled in the base with natural moss.


I used another die and stamp set from my stash to craft the little 'sale' sign. A few delicate butterflies have fluttered around my flower cart as a finishing touch. 
   

I thank you for stopping by to take a peek at my little wheelbarrow. I send my wishes to you for a day filled with happiness and all things wonderful! 


Additional Supplies: Stamps: Crafty Secrets Price Tags, Stampendous Eiffel Tower Clear Set; Dies: Sizzix Wheelbarrow, Cheery Lynn Small Exotic Butterflies and Build a Flower 2, Magnolia Peaky Flower Tab; Natural Moss and Floral Wire from my stash.

9 comments:

  1. Hello ohhhhhh my goodness Nancy,
    What an amazing flower cart you have created - It looks sooooo real it is awesome,I love love love it. I didn't even know there were such dies to make such beautiful barrows, and our flowers are adorable. You have such a wonderful eye for detail and the little 'Sale' ticket and the natural moss makes a perfect embellishment. You must be delighted with the results.
    You are a star.
    Looking forward to chatting later in the week,
    Warmest best wishes,
    Su
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is beautiful! Well worth all the effort making those flowers, it is a real taste of spring! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously Nancy, this is a work of art! The large number of flowers together work so well clustered that way and as for that wheelbarrow... awesome. I can't remember seeing a better one frankly. LOVE it! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Nancy. Your flowers are stunning and the crackle paint blends beautifully to the wheel barrow.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a happy piece - at least it makes me happy. I long for the weather to get warm enough so that we can see grass and gardens but sadly we are having another snowstorm today so I am going to long after your flowers. I love the tiny wheelbarrow and the cute little sign. What fabulous uses for your neglected dies.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make the most beautiful flowers!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, Nancy. I can't believe you had that wheelbarrow die and never used it. It is darling and you have done a marvelous job on it with the crackle paint and the way you stamped the vintage looking text on the side. Your flowers are always exquisite and that sweet little sale sign is the icing on the cake! Amazing piece for the die challenge.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...what a beautiful masterpiece...love it....so inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Oh! Wow! This is absolutely AMAZING!!
    I love, love, love it

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete