Translate

Friday, October 26, 2012

Moist and Chewy Snickerdoodle Blondies!


Hello and thanks for stopping by! At last...Friday has rolled around again; my favorite day of the week! I have always loved the anticipation of the upcoming weekend. An evening and two entire days devoted to family, fun, and relaxation. We can kick back and routines can slide, even time seems to slow down just a bit.   
My son called from college today declaring, "I want cookies. Katie's mom sent cookies. You haven't sent me any cookies lately." It may have been a bit on the demanding side, but my heart melted. My sweet boy still craves a little homemade goodness even though he's grown up and far away.
That was all the motivation I needed to whip him up a batch of chewy and oh-so-buttery snickerdoodle blondies. I took the photo above of my blondies fresh out of the oven.  Click on the photo to enlarge it; then imagine yourself biting into one of these dense, moist, cinnamon-sugary, melt in your mouth bars. Yes, they are amazing! You'll find they are easy to prepare and they travel well, making them perfect for gift giving, pot-lucks, after school snacks, or hungry sons at college. I pinned this recipe to my Pinterest board from a wonderful desert blog called Dozen Flours. I altered the baking time a little because I found (through trial and error) that baking them for 30 minutes dried them out. Mine come out perfectly after only 20 minutes.  
Shhh....don't tell my son, but I just had to keep a few for my husband and myself:-) Thanks again for visiting with me today and happy baking! 
Snickerdoodle Blondies


Ingredients:
2  2/3 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter at room temperature
2 eggs (room temperature)
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp white sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.

Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. In large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.



Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan.  Combine white sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.


Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool slightly. While still warm, cut into bars with a sharp knife.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Nancy,
    They sound absolutely delicious and of course as no calories appear to be mentioned in the recipe they must be 'CALORIE FREE' that's fantastic how scrummy yummy cool is that. LOL Thank you for sharing this recipe, I'm off to see if I have the ingredients in my cupboard if not I'll have to wait until Monday and pop to the shops!!!
    Warmest best wishes my dear dear friend.

    ReplyDelete