Translate

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day !

Hi and Happy Valentine's Day! So, what are you up to today? Do you have any special plans with your favorite person? We have a Valentine birthday in our family, so we usually brave the crowds and enjoy dinner at a favorite restaurant. This year our birthday person has requested PF Changs and my homemade chocolate cake for dessert. After that we're planning a cozy evening in front of the television (with a bowl of that pink popcorn I posted a few days back!) Yes, we'll be on sugar overload. Yes, I'm going to have to walk 4 miles again tomorrow, maybe 5, and it still won't make up for it. But we will have the most wonderful time!   

I'm busy storing away the Valentine craft supplies today and breaking out my Easter things. I'm excited to move on to sweet little chicks and bunnies. Pretty pastels are my favorite colors, and I'm happy to be returning to them. I've missed them so! I'm ready to leave red behind for a while, but I know that by the time Christmas rolls around again I'll barely be able to wait to pull it back out. That's always the way, isn't it?    

What I would really like to do today is chat together over a cup of tea and offer you some Valentine goodies fresh out of my oven. Since technology hasn't advanced to that point, I'm celebrating with another of my very favorite treats; a sweet vintage image! I adore the graphics and colors of this trade card. It's cozy and heartwarming, and just makes me smile. I share this with the hope you'll enjoy using it in your projects or find a bit of crafty inspiration.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Your visit has been a ray of sunshine in my day and I hope it's made yours a little brighter too! I send my best wishes for a day filled with happiness, smiles, and laughter! So, in the famous words of the Beverly Hillbillies 'Y'all come back now, ya hear?'  Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment